Firefox 3.6.1 Beta now available for download
Mozilla just released the first official beta version of Firefox 3.6 and is now available for download. This beta version is built on Gecko 1.9.2 web rendering engine and is said to have many improvements for web developers.
As per Firefox’s Official Blog, this first official beta version (Firefox 3.6.1) is said to have the following new features:
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
If you are one of the early beta-testers, you can get a copy of 3.6.1 at the Firefox Beta Page (available for Linux, Windows & MAC). As this is a beta/pre-release version, you may encounter problems while browsing. If you do, you can report it to Firefox by submitting a Bug Report.