Test your Site in Different Browsers & Screen Resolutions
The homepage of BrowserShots describes itself as
Browsershots makes screenshots of your web design in different browsers. It is a free open-source online service created by Johann C. Rocholl. When you submit your web address, it will be added to the job queue. A number of distributed computers will open your website in their browser. Then they will make screenshots and upload them to the central server here.
To test your site,
- Open BrowserShots.org
- Key in the site address that you’d like to have a preview of.
- Select the browsers that you want under each OSes (Operating Systems)
- For custom Screen size, choose the pixels by clicking on the drop-down list box (optional)
- Choose the color depth (optional)
- Select your preference for Java & Flash support
- Once you are done, click ‘Submit’
BrowserShots will take some time to fetch screenshots and this could vary depending upon the quantity of browsers chosen. The page will automatically refresh to show you new screenshots. Clicking on it will take to a page that shows a zoomed version of it. You can also download a zipped copy of all the screenshots.